Community Support Services
Community Support Services (CSS), a leader in behavioral healthcare for adults living with severe and persistent mental illnesses is in search of a Full Time Supervisor of Homeless Services. This position supervises and directs the activities of the Homeless Outreach Program. Completes documentation necessary to maintain PATH grant. Provides training in outreach and engagement of the homeless, community education, about homelessness, and supervision to Homeless Outreach staff. Integrates and coordinates treatment services for homeless SMD adults with other CSS programs. Provides Outreach and assessment according to PATH guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Trains staff in effective outreach and engagement techniques.
2. Supervises Outreach staff, schedules workloads, makes assignments and reviews employee performance as needed.
3. Completes documentation necessary to maintain the grant, including Intended Use Plan.
4. Gathers and reports required outcomes information to state and federal entities.
5. Monitors grant budget and makes recommendations for budget revisions, if necessary.
6. Attends state PATH network meetings.
7. Ensures staff clinical documentation and record-keeping meet agency standards and requirements.
8. Conducts staff meetings and schedules in-services as needed.
9. Recommends to supervisor such matters as new hires, disciplinary action on problematic employees and training needs of staff.
10. Continuously and independently does case finding through personal networking with street dwellers, shelters, meal sites and other places where homeless people gather.
11. Assess persons who are homeless to determine appropriateness for service:
a. If appropriate, develop rapport through contacting persons to be served in their environment. Provide or assist person in accessing basic necessities, such as food, clothes, blankets and shelter. Perform intake assessment.
b. If not appropriate for CSS, assist person in accessing appropriate services through referrals to community resources.
12. Work closely with other social services agencies that provide series to those who are homeless, or risk homelessness, by accepting referrals from them and making referral to them. Provide consultation/education regarding behavior management and mental health issues.
13. Provides and trains staff in the provision of community education about various aspects of homelessness and the Outreach Program in an effort to extend outreach efforts throughout the Summit County community.
14. Provide clinical consultation to ensure that person is appropriate for transfer for on-going case management if the following objectives are met: attainment of housing, entitlements are secure, and the level of engagement in mental health services is appropriate.
15. Provides regular individual and group supervision and PRN consultation to staff in accordance with accreditation and certification standards, funding requirements, and professional licensure requirements.
16. Evaluates staff based on their assigned duties and responsibilities.
17. Assists assigned clinical staff in direct clinical care if the need arises or in an effort to assist staff in increasing their clinical skills through planned supervision.
18. Maintains knowledge about the rights of individuals served and the procedures governing them.
19. Observes all rules of confidentially as it relates to clinical information both internally and in dealing with outside individuals and/or agencies.
20. Makes use of opportunities for continuing education to maintain and/or increase administrative and clinical competence.
Education: A minimum Master's degree in a Human Services field.
Experience: A minimum of five years experience in human services field preferred. Experience providing outreach and engagement to the homeless severely mentally disabled population required.
Licensure: LISW or LPCC required
To apply, please e-mail resumes and salary requirements/history to: firstname.lastname@example.org 150 Cross St. Akron, Ohio 44311
Community Support Services offers competitive wages, flexible work schedule, generous paid time off, paid life & disability insurance, retirement plans, group medical plans and voluntary dental & vision plans. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability