Community Support Services
Community Support Services (CSS), a leader in behavioral healthcare for adults living with severe and persistent mental illnesses is in search of an CPST Engagement Specialist. This employee does aggressive case finding of persons who the assigned staff are having difficulty engaging; or who are nearing the process of being terminated from the agency due to lack of treatment participation. This position will provide community outreach in an effort to engage the persons to be served in non-traditional settings such as meal sites, shelters, the street, abandoned buildings, etc.
1. Continuously be involved in outreach and documenting efforts to engage persons in the assigned region who have not actively engaged in treatment.
2. Be available to the individual served to provide, coordinate and/or assist in crisis intervention and stabilization services during regularly scheduled working hours and available for "after hours" emergencies in accordance with established agency on-call procedures.
3. Coordinate efforts with the appropriate team to determine outreach efforts that need to be taken beyond which have already been attempted by the assigned staff.
4. Accompany individuals to appointments as needed in an effort to assist in re-engagement of the individual with CSS services.
5. Attend regularly scheduled staff and supervisory meetings.
6. Be responsible for being knowledgeable about rights of individuals served and procedures governing them.
7. Observe all rules of confidentiality as it relates to clinical information, both internally and in dealing with outside individual(s) and or/agencies.
8. Participate in ongoing agency and staff training development programs, and be familiar with all relevant agency policies and procedures.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years experience in case management with the severely mentally disabled required.
To apply, please e-mail resumes and salary requirements/history to: email@example.com 150 Cross St. Akron, Ohio 44311
Community Support Services offers competitive wages, flexible work schedule, generous paid time off, paid life & disability insurance, retirement plans, group medical plans and voluntary dental & vision plans. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability